Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sherry Smith
post Feb 18 2008, 05:20 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I hope everyone had a great week and had someone special to spend Valentine’s Day with. rolleyes.gif
Things have been going great here in Oklahoma City. We have had some true winter weather mixed with a few days of Spring-like weather. I LOVE it!
The fire station has been quiet lately…nothing major to report, even with all the illness going around.
The Shak has picked up speed with many people trying to shed those holiday pounds. So I have been really busy writing diets.
My training has been wonderful! On January 1st, my gym unexpectedly and with absolutely NO notice closed, leaving me and my gym buddies “gym-less” for a day or two. It was a blessing. Change is always hard but good for you. I currently have 3 gym memberships (don’t ask me why) and have discovered many new was to structure my workouts…new angles to attack the muscle…and meeting new people…that’s always a plus!
I have a couple of brand new endeavors this year. My show plan is to do the Europa Supershow in August. I am excited to announce I am currently in training for a half-marathon (the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon) in April AND a 100 mile bike ride (yes, bicycle) around Lake Tahoe at the end of May. The ride is a fundraising opportunity for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. On Christmas Day, I lost a very dear friend to Cancer so I will ride in her honor. I have pledged to raise $4000 (ugh) by May. unsure.gif
I am soooo excited and nervous about these upcoming events (you ever see a bodybuilder on a road bike? Funny! laugh.gif ). I will be giving ya’ll MANY updates and candid pics along my road…so stay tuned!
Well….I’m off for a relaxing 2 mile run and then a workout. Take care and God Bless!!!!

Oh…in case you were curious, here is my cardio training schedule for this week:
Mon: Easy 2 mile run
Tues: 2.5 miles with 4 x 100m strides
Wed: Easy 2 mile run
Thurs: Fartlek 1-2-3-2-1
Fri: Bike 30 minutes
Sat: 4 mile run
Sun: Rest

--------------------
Sherry Smith - IFBB Pro
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Sherry Smith
post Mar 16 2008, 12:15 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

OMG! Has it been that long since I last updated? unsure.gif Ugh! A lot has been going on! Right after Valentine’s Day, my 91 year old grandmother became ill and died very quickly and peacefully in her sleep. She was a great lady and I will miss her a bunch! Her passing brought my family members together from all over…it was wonderful seeing everyone under the circumstances.

My training is going GREAT! Despite the half-marathon training currently in full motion, I have managed to keep my weight and size on. It’s been tricky but seems to be successful (My trainer, Jeremy, is chomping at the bit) rolleyes.gif . Here is my cardio training schedule for this week:
Mon: Easy 4 mile run
Tues: 3.5 miles with 4 x 100m strides
Wed: Easy 4 mile run
Thurs: Fartlek 2-3-4-3-2
Fri: Bike 30 minutes
Sat: 8 mile run
Sun: Rest

I have completely committed to my 100 mile bike ride June 1st (all the paperwork has been filled out and the fundraising is in full motion). For more information on joining my endeavor you can go to my link at: www.active.com/donate/tntok/tntokSSmith.

Spring is in motion here in Oklahoma. The Bradford Pears are in bloom and every other night, we have a huge wall cloud looming in the immediate distance waiting to transform into a mile wide tornado…ahhhh spring time in Oklahoma, you gotta love it!!!!! laugh.gif

--------------------
Sherry Smith - IFBB Pro
+Quote Post
Sherry Smith
post Apr 1 2008, 09:00 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

How is everybody this first day of April? Spring is alive and well here. Here in Oklahoma City, we have the oh so familiar sounds of the tornado sirens going off…a constant reminder we live in tornado alley. blink.gif

Things are wonderful here! I am 4 weeks away from my ½ marathon run in memory of Kyra Peterson, a good friend of mine that lost her battle with Cancer on Christmas day. My running partner, Delonna and I ran 9 miles on Saturday. It was kind of a foggy, dreary day but we managed to muddle through. We had the pleasure of the company of another friend of ours, Tess, who only planned on running half the 9 with us, but ended up finishing the whole 9 strong (way to go Tess!!!!!)
But I can’t forget my 100 mile fund raiser bike ride for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society on June 1st, so Sunday Delonna and I went for a 42 mile “Team in Training” ride. We rode west from Oklahoma City to a small town called Okarche (famous for it’s fried chicken) and back. The ride out was a bit windy and pleasant but on the ride back we were challenged with gale force wind (I’m not kidding). And I would swear that the hills were much more treacherous on the way back into OKC than they were going out. About 15 miles from the finish, my body went into “survival mode” meaning I had to focus on FINISHING rather than all the aches and pains I was experiencing. All in all it was a great ride and I am definitely looking forward to the next (as soon as my booty heals) ohmy.gif

Back at the fire station today…who knows what life has in store for me today? unsure.gif

I want to say good luck to all the new OKC fire department applicants as they are taking their written test the next 2 days. smile.gif

My great friend Christine Sabo just started her dreaded contest diet! Ugh! Good luck Chris! I’m thinking of you! tongue.gif

ALSO! A BIG shout out to all my new friends at Kerrang Radio in London, England. CHEERS! cool.gif

Have a blessed day!

--------------------
Sherry Smith - IFBB Pro
+Quote Post
Sherry Smith
post Sep 10 2008, 03:07 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Hey everybody!

I'm at the station today and thought I'd check in. The weather is starting to change...it's kinda rainy outside today and the temperature shows signs of fall. I'm looking forward to the season change this year.

I am on track as far as my prep for the Big show goes. Just trying to maintain my momentum! Jeremy seems to be happy with my progress so that's always a plus. Diet is on track and training is going well...no aches or pains. The ONLY complaint I have is that all my cardio is confined to the indoor machines. I MISS MY BIKE!!!!!!

This Saturday is Darrell Terrell's Total Package Bodybuilding Show. I have run into a lot of people getting ready for it and I gotta say, it looks like the competition is going to be awesome this year. Lots of pretty, shapely girls and hunky, ripped guys ready for the Bodybuilding and the Hot Body Contest. I am looking forward to guest posing and also seeing Kim Perez guest pose as well. It ought to be a fun time...and that smell of pro tan will just add to the excitement of my upcoming show!

My good friend from Sacramento, Shauntel James, had a birthday Monday so I would like to give a shout out to her!

Taught 2 basic nutrition classes (101) this week...one to our new fire recruits in fire academy and one to a group of paramedics in training at Oklahoma City Community College. Both groups were AWESOME and had great questions. I LOVE teaching that class because I LOVE food and could talk about it for weeks.

That's it for now...trying to keep from getting too many projects on the plate.

--------------------
Sherry Smith - IFBB Pro
+Quote Post
Sherry Smith
post Nov 30 2008, 10:29 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

I hope everybody had a great holiday (and a wonderful Thanksgiving). My brother from California came in for the holiday. He and his wife are both Youth Ministers in Beverly Hills. They are both so FUN! My brother is so funny and has me in stiches the whole time he is around me laugh.gif .

I have many people ask me, "do you ever go off your diet"? I have to say, thanksgiving is the time to do it. I LOVE sweet potato pie (made with brown sugar and butter and pecans... rolleyes.gif mmmmmmmm). But now it's back to the dry boring sweet potato.

I am sending in my letter requesting an invite to the Arnold. I would really LOVE the opportunity to compete on the Arnold stage so wish me luck. I am concerned and saddened by the number of Pro shows for FBBs. Not including the Arnold (which is invitation only), there are only 3 other opportunities to qualify for the Olympia. Apparently, Ed and Betty Pariso are not extending there show to the Pro FBB this year which is such a shame because it is one of my favorites!!!!

I don't know what to think when I hear "Women's Bodybuilding is dying" dry.gif . It seems that promotors don't want to promote shows with FBBs but I get so much positive feedback, wherever I go. Sometimes people don't really know what to think...and sometimes I know the look is a little extreme... but it seems like the FBBs have continued to do whatever it takes to become more appealing to the public... but it's never enough. I know one thing for sure: I use this muscle, it's functional, and I will never be 5'2" and 90 lbs (maybe my left leg). I love the way I look, and the way my other FBB friends look. It is unique, and I have worked hard to obtain it... I don't want to look like the typical bathing suit beauty. I think that's what makes the sport attractive...the physiques are so different!

During this holiday season, remember to give thanks! Give thanks for the little things, for the things you take for granted, for those who are around you right now...because tomorrow, things could change. Be thankful for all you have. I am thankful for all of you wub.gif !!!!!!!

--------------------
Sherry Smith - IFBB Pro
+Quote Post
Sherry Smith
post Dec 14 2008, 05:19 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

I was talking to friend of mine a couple of days ago. She told a story of her neice, Kendra, a teacher of young gradeschool kids, and one of her students. The young girl had returned to class after lunch with something in her hand. Kendra asked the young girl what she had. The young girl openned her hand and showed Kendra the seeds from the green beans she had eatin for lunch. Kendra asked her what she was going to do with the seeds. The young girl said she was going to go home and plant them so her mom and dad would have some food to eat.

The parents of this young girl had not been eating enough so they could provide, what food they have, for their five children. The night before, they only had peas and carrots for dinner.

In a time of over abundance, it is important to be aware of the needs of others. How we serve others is really the only meaningful purpose we have on this earth.

BE HAPPY! DO GOOD!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Sherry Smith - IFBB Pro
+Quote Post
Sherry Smith
post Feb 8 2009, 09:32 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Hey everybody!

Hope all is well where you are. Things have been crazy (as usual) around here. As you have probably seen, I did not receive an invitation to the Arnold. sad.gif I have my sights set on competeing at the Tampa Pro on August 7-8th 2009. Until then, I will continue to train hard. My weight after the holidays was up around 190 (about 10 lbs heavier than I am comfortable with). I started back up on my cardio and am back on a "regular" diet and my weight is back down to 184 (that's more like it). When I push maximum density in my fire department pants, it's time to get busy.

There have been many people around the city trying to gear up for spring and get rid of that holiday weight. This is good because we were ranked by one of the big magazines to be the second fattest city (#1 went to Miami)!!!! Ugh!!! We had a big ice storm last week but it seems people are still with the program this week...the gyms have been packed! The weather this weekend has been teasing us...it was 70 degrees here yesterday... a great day to be outside riding around the lake.

My good friend Suzanne is here this week from Chicago. She and I and several of my friends (including my roommate Darrell Terrell) went to a new mexican restaurant last night called Mama Roja. I highly recommend it if you are in OKC. Very fresh. Anyway, my roommate announced his engagement to his girlfriend Lisa. They are to be married December 6th, 2009. We all toasted them with champagne. Yea! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Sherry Smith - IFBB Pro
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 12:54 AM